Animal adoptions are subject to an approved prehome/ property inspection by the inspector in your area - We retain the right to turn down an application, should it not comply with our adoption requirements.
Please DO NOT contact us by email to adopt a pet. Please come to the SPCA to complete the "application to adopt" form and pre-adoption counselling.
Adoption fees include:
- the first vaccinations
- compulsory sterilization of all male and female dogs/cats.
After adoption responsibility
The animal is now yours and you will be responsible for any follow up booster vaccinations due thereafter. These will be done at your own expense at your own veterinarian. It is a good idea to build a relationship with your vet, who will guide you on the best way to care for your new pet as well as future vaccinations required.
SPCA's will only re-home an animal within their area of operation. Please go to an SPCA in your area when you are looking for a pet.
It is a priviledge and not a right to own an animal
Your new pet will be your responsibility to care for, for the rest of it's life, which could be 10 - 15yrs or more...
- Have you really thought it through?
- Are you sure that you want the animal?
- Do you have the time to spend with it - socialising and playing with it?
- Can you pay for any vet treatment that it requires, if it is sick or injured?
- Is your property secured so that it can't roam in the street and cause a nuisance to man or beast?
- Can you afford to feed and house it so that it doesn't suffer?
- Will you provide shelter from the weather?