|Mondays - Fridays:||08:00 - 15:00|
|Saturdays:||09:00 - 12:00|
|Sundays and public holidays:||Closed|
- Abandoned, and Stray animals admitted all hours.
- Please phone (035) 792 9129 to be directed to the person on standby.
- Alternate office cell number if telkom lines are down . 071 174 4746 (only if landline is not working)
- Cell number strictly for emergencies (083 482 3866), and for telephone numbers of the local private vets on duty.
- The SPCA does NOT have a resident vet in attendance on the premises. If your own animal is sick or injured then please take it to your own vet.
- Please contact the municipal Nuisance Inspector - (035) 7725503/4 for barking, nuisance or vicious dogs, including dogs who chase or attack people and motor vehicles, cyclists, etc.
- Firework complaints - Please contact 035-7973313 all hours.
We are located 6 km's out of town towards Heatonville on the Old Eshowe Road (R34). As you travel out of Empangeni towards Eshowe/Melmoth, you will pass the Prison on your right. Carry on and you will pass Exxarro Sands. After 4kms you will pass Grass For Africa and our entrance sign will be the next turn to the right. Travel over the level crossing and you will see the SPCA on the left-hand side of the dirt road.
GPS co-ordinates are: 28°43'23.56"S, 31°50'9.69"E. Please click here to view our premises on Google Maps.
- If you arrive at our SPCA outside of our working hours, please do not verbally abuse/threaten our staff members - They are under instruction to NOT permit anyone onto the SPCA property.
- This security measure is in place to safeguard all of the animals at the SPCA.
- If you have a problem and need to contact the Inspector, please use the "telephone number" provided on the gate.