Sunday, 14 October 2012 14:48

Pet Municipal Licence requirements

Residents of Umhlathuze, do you know that you should have a licence/permit for your dogs and cats? This is a requirement under the "keeping of Animals" bylaws. You can only obtain a licence, if your pet is up to date, with a valid/current (not expired) rabies vaccination. You may be fined by the municipal nuisance officers if you dont have one..

You can get your pet vaccinated at the SPCA weekly from 8 - 3pm or Saturdays 9 - 12 for free. contact 035-7929129 for any info

We will give you a rabies certificate if you have misplaced your book, Please dont let that stop you from getting your pet vaccinated.

The State Vet Dr Blignaut,also runs campaigns twice a year at the Fire Station in Weightman Rd Empangeni, but we will only know those dates once announced.

Do you know that the SPCA retains all fees generated from the licence fees,The fine money however will go to the municipality.
So, by doing the right thing, you are actually assisting us to keep afloat .. Licences are valid for one year from date of purchase. Licences are obtainable from the SPCA offices or from either vets in town, who each have a municipal licence book - This is to assist those people, who may not be able to get out to the kennels.
We then collect the completed and paid for forms and load them onto our computer at the SPCA - All of these forms are kept on file.

Licence fees are: (all fees are retained by the SPCA)

All sterilised dogs and cats:  R30.00

Unsterilised dogs and cats: R75.00